Tuesday 10 June 2014

Day 4

http://mountainguidesinternational.com/?page_id=704

The mountains are often used for mining ( as well as a source of water) so I've seen a number of areas for that.  I saw a hydroelectric power plant and lots of farming space. In my climbing group, there are numerous people so I imagine that tourism would be extremely beneficial to these countries. The temperature along the range varies as it is so large. In the northern part of the Andes it is rainy and warm while down where I am it is wet and cold. As I get higher up, snow starts to cover everything and the temperature ranges from about -20 to -30 degrees Celsius. I've experienced multiple storms and we're anticipating a dangerous electrical storm soon. The terrain has not been too difficult to walk up although the days are very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment